Sunday, 6 a.m.
Did you see that 62 percent of people in Ohio think that Ohio State would beat the Cleveland Browns. I think its absurd to suggest a college team could be a pro team. On the other hand, do the Browns count as a pro team?
– I loved Bill Murray's “I Ain't Afraid of No Goats” t-shirt. It's much better than the one that said “The Cubs need the Razor's Edge.”
– A rain delay isn't supposed to help anyone, right? But the Gators will now get Luke Del Rio and much of their defense healthy before they play the Tigers.
– The key Sunday won't be that Tom Brady is really, really made. It's that he's really, really good.
– The Panthers cut cornerback Bene Benwikere, who gave up most of the 300 yards that Julio Jones caught passes for. How about the coach who put Benwikere on Jones when he had, oh, 272 or so.
– Are you weary of the praise for Jason Pierre-Paul? He has two sacks since playing with firecrackers.
– I always thought the Gameday crew could use more Chris Fower, not less.
– In the case of David Price, don't the Red Sox have change coming?
– Chris Cyborg had the line of the week regarding Ronda Rousey: “I watched her shadowbox, and the shadow won.”
– When Tiger Woods tees it up (finally) next week, he'll find that the fans of the PGA Tour don't need him. Well, except those waitresses who work at Perkins'.
– Poor Greg Hardy. So many friends seem to want to keep their cocaine in his wallet.
– Any way we can fix up Hope Solo with Austin Seferian-Jenkins. I mean, lazy, unfocused bust at tight end, really, are her type.
– Here's a thought. Why not make up the Florida-LSU game during the weekend saved for the SEC title game. Neither school has any plans for that day.
– The Panthers could start three new players in their secondary against the Bucs. The fourth, of course, will end up with three interceptions.
– I wasn't really surprised that Dez Bryant denies missing as many as 40 meetings with the Cowboys. I was just stunned he showed up on the day he denied it.
– I liked Willie Taggart's explanation for why he tried to score before the clock ran out Saturday. Basically, he said, the clock had not run out.
– I think the cleats Antonia Brown plans to wear to honor Muhammad Ali are cool. But is it just me who thinks they look like bowling shoes, and Ali always had trouble with the 7-10 split.